Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Manchester


First things first. I just want to make a point that I'm a Liverpool fan through and through. And Anfield is the promised land.

Now that it's out of the way, let's carry on with the post. 2 weeks ago, instead of heading for the heavens i.e. Anfield, I landed myself in Old Trafford to watch a charity match between ManUre and Euro XI. Why did I want to put myself through such an ordeal?? It's because I finally got to see my idol Steven Gerrard in action, live, in the flesh for the first time in my life!

We had to brave countless obstacles in our quest to reach our destination. (too paiseh to list them down here :P) But it was decided that no force in heaven and on earth could hinder us from reaching our target. So after the painful 4.5 hour journey with a few hiccups along the way... we arrived in Manchester!


Looks like I have jodoh with East. First, East House. Now, East Stand...
Just before kick-off. So dark...

No wonder la... forgot to turn my camera flash on. Bright view of Old Toilet. Stupid botak head.
Beckham ran onto pitch during half-time to declare his love for the Toilet.
My hing dais Keljin, Wei-Shaun and Le Hong. Couldn't have made the 4.5 hr journey without them.
Final score.
So how was the experience, all in all? It was ok, other than the fact that I was surrounded by mancs left, right, center. Stevie only came on in the second half, but that was enough for me. The way he controlled the ball, his movement on and off the ball, his dynamism, etc. etc. proved that he could easily tarpau all the other players there. But he didn't. Most of his shots were lame and passing was astray. Maybe he wanted to save his energy for Liverpool matches or maybe he had too much Red Bull vodka to drink the night before. Tipsy. hehe.
But it was one of the saddest days in my life. Everytime Gerrard, Carragher and Fowler touched the ball, they were greeted with a chorus of boos and hisses around the stadium. It hurt me so much to see the type of abuse that my heroes has to endure. I felt so.... alone... :( Everyone around me jeered whenever he missed a shot and... ok la, enough.
Oh ya you guys wanna see some videos I took?
Cristiano Ronaldo's freekick. Shame that I was blocked once the ball hit the back of the net.

Another goal. Couldn't see much of it because it was scored at the other end. End-to-end football, good stuff!
After the match, met up with life-long friend Sean Chua, whose friend knew my friends who had a friend which we stayed with. Eh? Nevermind. Matthew and Horace also joined our table to eat siew yeh at Tai Wu, a Chinese restaurant.
P.S. Two of the pics were taken from Wei-Shaun's multiply album. Credits to him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home